Name and contact details of the authority designated as responsible for the processing of that data:
Tel. +49 (0)511 93688676
Available Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-1pm, Berlin Time
Data Protection Officer
Mr. Thomas Becker, Email: email@example.com
Transfer of data
Your data is in good hands. We promise you that: We will not sell your personal data to third parties, nor lease it to other companies for advertising purposes.
We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- you have given us explicit consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR
- to the extent permitted by law and in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR necessary for the settlement of contractual relationships with you, your personal data will be passed on to third parties. This includes credit institutions, postal and courier services and logistics companies.
- External service companies process data on our behalf as a processor. Your data is subject to the same privacy standards as ours. The recipient of the data may only use the data for the purposes for which the data was transmitted to them. The external service providers include data centres and companies that support us in the maintenance of computer equipment and IT applications.
- in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR there is a legal obligation.
- disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in not disclosing your data.
For further details on the transfer of personal data, please refer to the explanations below.
Personal data on this website are transmitted only in an encrypted form, using the TLS encryption method (Transport Layer Security, also known as SSL, Secure Sockets Layer). The TLS v1.2 method used is at this time one of the safest ways to encrypt data. Connox.de uses a 256-bit encryption pursuant to AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) and thus meets the highest security standards. The issuer of the SSL certificate is digicert, and the method used for the key exchange is DHE_RSA (2048 Bit).
Through the application of the SSL encryption, your data will be mutated so that a third party could not reconstruct it before it is transmitted to the Connox-server. This encryption procedure also ensures that your data will be sent exclusively to the server from which it was requested. Once the data is received by the Connox server, it is verified in regards to completeness and immutability.
If you use the Internet Explorer as your browser, you can identify the encrypted data transmission by the yellow lock icon in the address bar of your browser.
Pursuant to Art. 4 No. 1 GDPR, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
Personal data is therefore any data that is personally available to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, phone number or IP address.
Collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of its use
When visiting the website
When you visit our website, the browser on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer (shortened in the logfile),
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes. Connox uses the IP address to protect the user and to prevent misuse of the website or to detect misuse. We point out that the IP address is only used in a shortened version and further processed in order to exclude a direct reference to a person.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
Use of our contact form, contact by e-mail
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via a form provided on the website or to send us an e-mail. It is necessary to provide a name and a valid e-mail address in the contact form so that we know who the request came from and where to send the reply. Further information can be made voluntarily in the contact form. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request and establishing contact in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified, provided that there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary. If your contact is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, then additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR (processing of contractual relationships).
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Please state your consent ID and date when you contact us regarding your consent.
Your consent applies to the following domains:
Connox uses so-called cookies on some internet sites in order to enable web-based applications to manage the status of an online visit and to provide smooth navigation between the separate services and contents on the website as well as to provide the internet user with permanent settings on the Connox Design Family website.
A cookie is a small file that is transferred by Connox onto the user’s computer when he or she visits the Connox Design Family website. A cookie only contains information that Connox itself transmits to the user’s computer – private files cannot be read by a cookie.
Connox uses „session-based“ cookies that are not stored permanently on the visitor’s computer. These temporary cookies will be deleted after leaving the website. Using the gathered information, Connox is able to analyse usage patterns and structures of the website. This enables further continuous optimisation of the website by improving the content and the usage.
Connox also uses “persistent“ cookies. These cookies remain on the user’s computer,simplifying shopping and registration services during their next visit. For example, the cookies increase user experience so that visitors only have to enter passwords once on sites that require registration.
Permanent cookies can be removed manually by the user. The permanent cookies used by Connox will be stored for up to 1000 days on your hard disk. Afterwards, they are automatically deleted. Most of the standard browsers accept cookies by default. Temporary or stored cookies can be enabled or disabled independently in the browser’s security settings. If cookies are disabled, certain features on Connox webpages may not be available and some websites may not be displayed correctly.
Connox works with some partner companies in order to increase the value of the internet assortment and of the websites for the user. Therefore, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your website when you visit Connox websites. These cookies are “persistent” cookies. These cookies remain on the computer of the user and are automatically deleted after the specified lifetime. The lifetimes may be up to 22 years in some cases. Our partner companies do not have any access to your personal information and personal data. The pseudonymous data is never merged with your personal data. The pseudonymous data e.g. includes data visited sub sites.
The data processed by cookies are for the purpose of safeguarding our legitimate interests as well as the interests of third parties according to Art. 6. para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDRP or according to Art 6. para. 1 lit b GDRP. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a message appears before a new cookie is created. Disabling cookies may result in not being able to use all of the features on our website.
Use of social media, online marketing, web analytics and tracking services as well as tools of other service providers
The technologies and measures used by Connox are in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR based on our legitimate interests. With the measures and the associated statistical recording and evaluation of the use of our website, we want to ensure a needs-based design and continuous optimisation of our website and optimal marketing of our website and reach. The described data processing operations can acc. Art. 6 (1) lit. F. GDPR also exist on the basis of the legitimate interests of the individual providers (e.g. in the display of personalised advertising or to inform other users of social networks about your activities on our website).
Deletion and blocking of personal data
We only process and store personal data for the period of time required to achieve the purpose of storage (e.g. due business transaction) or which corresponds to a legal storage / retention period. If the purpose of the storage is omitted or if a legal storage / retention period expires, the personal data will be deleted. If legal storage / storage obligations should continue to exist, e.g. after proper business transaction or having answered your inquiry, we will restrict the processing, e.g. by blocking your data. If retention periods relating to commercial or tax law must be observed, the storage time for particular data may equal up to 10 years.
Rights of the affected person
As an affected person(s), you have the right:
- to demand information about your personal data processed by Connox in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you have the right to information regarding processing purposes, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been disclosed, the planned duration for which the personal data is stored, the right of rectification, deletion, limitation of the processing or the right to object to such processing, all available information on the source of the information, and the existence of an automated decision-making process;
- to request the immediate correction or completion of incomplete personal data in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to demand, in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, the immediate deletion of your personal data, unless the processing is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation by Connox or for the performance of a public interest task or in the exercise of public authority delegated to Connox and /or assertion, exercise, or defence of legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, as far as the accuracy of the personal data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you require them to assert exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive personally identifiable information provided to Connox in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, in a structured, common and machine-readable format, and to transfer that data to another responsible person;
- to revoke your once given consent to us at any time pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our company headquarters.
Right to withdraw
If your personal data is based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
If you exercise your right of objection, we will stop the processing of the data concerned. However, we can continue to process your personal data, despite your objections, if in the case of processing based on legitimate interests or on the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority, we can prove that we have compelling legitimate grounds that override your interests, rights and freedoms.
If you would like to make use of your rights, please send us an e-mail.
Save Data Protection document as PDF
To watch the PDFs you need e. g. the Adobe Reader, this one is downloaded for free under the following link: